1.9K views

Palisades Collection, L.L.C. sends me a bill, for some apparent bill I had with the phone company.

It offers a payment plan, which I never agreed to. The letter says feel free to contact them, but when you do, it's an automated system! There's no live person. Then they have a website, and once again, you can't get to speak to anyone.

It seems kind of shady if you ask me. Who are they?

They really need to send a breakdown of what it is that i'm supposedly being charged for. Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

Pallisades new scam they say they owe you a check you never cashed an to call them so you can renew the check. Lo .

Heres the scam , when you call to verify they get your info then they use that to try an make a claim. I never had att so i will ignore and if they try going on my credit report i will sue them

They took money out of my account and I can't get information about the bill or even get a hold of anyone. Feeling very pissed

Yes! Very same issue as yours ! Just got a letter today and do not have phone service with Verizon North Inc.and never did and these *** SNEAKS SAY I OWE THEM $1449.49

Iam suing their *** !

Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania, United States #895452

wow didnt know it was this previlent , i read my first 2 comments and i see myself these crooks say i owe them 512.08 , but i paid this in cash back in 2009 AT&T acknowledges i do not owe them any money,,so not i have the documentation i want to channel it the the right person,, !! Would that be the The main creditors myself and send copies, , is there any phone number for Pallasades,,??

San Bernardino, California, United States #884720

Yes Just got a bill from them. Never heard of them.

Funny how I just bought a new car and weeks later this comes. Huuum.

Scam to me because there's no wayi would crank up a bill for 11,000.

Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States #879979

I'm being charged $448.00 for an AT&T account of which I was never part of. Never had an AT&T account.

I got a bill from them and they clame i owe a verizon bill to from 2003 I have never had a verzion bill I told them and also told them its my understanding and i am a special needs adult so current me if im worng after 7 years they cant collect on a debt.

I checked my credet 3 days ago btw and it was not on there and when I told them that they said were trying to make sure it dose not get on your credet rating.

I think its a scam any advise let me know people

I have received a similar letter and am not sure what to do about it. I finally found a phone number online for Palisades Collection and got a person on the phone but they asked for my social security number. I wont give it to them, but how do I confirm this is a hoax?

Just got through to Palisades Collections after following Andy's instruction. I was advised that I have a bill from 2003.

I disputed this years ago becasue I never had an account with verizon. 9 years later i'm getting a letter with a generous settlement offer? I don't think so! I keep close watch on my credit report from all agencies and have never seen this debt.

I was advised to fax a letter stating my reasons for disputing this.

I advise everyone do the same. The fax # is 201-308-9370.

They are impossible. When I asked them how they could collect a settlement on an account that didn't even have the correct personal identifying information on it, they refused to answer my question, and said, "this isn't any settlement, this is an adjustment!"

That was after they had already made a settlement offer and then later decided they weren't going to make a settlement. But had no explanation for the erroneous information associated with the bill.

This happened to me too and they got into my bank acct. I had to cancel all accounts and report to Credit Bureaus.... Is there any court cases pending against them????

Andy555 must work for them. I'm going through the same nonsense.

This is an automated scam trying to gather social security numbers.

Check your credit report then throw the notice the trash. My collection is using Verizon as a creditor and I am in perfect standing with them.

Andy555 must work for them. I'm going through the same nonsense.

This is an automated scam trying to gather social security numbers.

I am calling them right now using the number Andy gave. They seem soooooo shady!

What the heck is the deal?

Verizon? I haven't used Verizon since 2003 and ended without a balance!!!!

What the heck is the deal?

Verizon? I haven't used Verizon since 2003 and ended without a balance!!!!

i followed the prompts, using the debtor id #. (i would not use my ssn as the one prompt suggested.) multiple phone calls lasting 7-9 minutes and i get only silence.

i just had my credit run for a mortgage two years ago--no issues.

i just had it run last week for a loan--no issues. then i get the letter today for a verizon bill.

i haven't used verizon in nearly 8 years. i'm not in the mood for this.

Also, just call 1-800-414-8319 and like I said, enter your reference number from your letter, follow the prompts and you'll get to a live person quickly

Yes, their automated system is like any other. You just have to enter you reference number so they can locate your account and then you'll get to a live person.

Just follow the prompts like you would any other company you dial. I see people all the time complaining about this with different companies, but all you have to do is simply listen and follow instructions. It's so hard for most poeple, for some reason.

just think! lol